"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 14 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (207 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (242 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (230 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (544 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (362 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Hi, New To Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
iKON

USA
41 Posts
Posted - January 27 2003 :  12:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm new to the forums and hope you don't mind me joining, I really don't know much about building kit cars but reading over your past writings I'm already starting to learn a bit more I love the idea about building your own car and i do have a bit of knowledge of automobile power plants so if i can be any help i'll try and i hope to learn more and maybe helping others as i do so btw lol meat how in the heck do you know so much?

ronsupercar

USA
82 Posts
Posted - January 27 2003 :  12:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard iKON...

First of all, what kind of a kit are you looking to build..

Go to Top of Page

iKON

USA
41 Posts
Posted - January 27 2003 :  1:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My toughts are leaning towards the FFR cobra I've collected good things from Forums about both the cars and the company and I really do like the cobra it's classic, sleek, nostallgic, and a proven design as far as catching the eye goes, and I belive from what I understand it's good for a beginner? (correct me if i'm miss lead) but I really like orignal designs as well if knows of any that are good for beginners feel free to speak up and perhaps broaden my options.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 01 2003 :  09:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've built a number of different replicas, and - with the exception of the bathtub speedster - the FFR is absolutely THE EASIEST Cobra replica kit to assemble. The bodywork is the hard part.

There's a HUGE support base for the FFR - I would recommend www.CobraForum.com over any of the rest. The reason for this is because you'll get less "you'll forget about xxx when you drive your car" and they don't edit the posts. If you post on at least one of the other forums, they will edit your post if it doesn't reflect brightly on FFR. I would recommend staying away from ANY forum that is sponsored by a manufacturer and dedicated solely to it's product; you're not going to get 'the whole picture.'

Also, if you need it, I have the entire CobraForum archives on CD so that you can look up any issue you may have right from that CD.

And, finally, I have an FFR, and know some of the best and most talented builders out there. If you have any questions about the FFR, feel free to ask.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 02 2003 :  06:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, then I'd be guessing that you've got a fairly early FFR kit, since they changed their doors over a year ago.

What's your FFR number?

The reason I ask is because I've been around since the first FFRs started rolling out (the FFR I have is being rebuilt from an older kit).

The FFR can be built from the kit they supply you, and one donor car. It's not a complete kit as they advertise, though.

But the kit is easy to assemble, and the product quality is much improved over what it used to be.

As far as the TCR offering...well, it's just a Shell Valley. I can't imagine buying a kit from a third party, when the parent company offers the same thing, and probably knows their kits as well as - if not better than - the third party. Plus, who knows how long this new company is going to be around? Who's going to help out if they fold?

Further...Classic Motor Carriages (CMC) advertised heavily in all of the magazines. Team C advertises heavily. Coincidence?

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 02 2003 :  11:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can't find the FFR number, then I don't believe you have an FFR at all. Supposedly you've built a few kit cars (from what it looks like, mostly Gazelles and maybe an EM). The FFR number appears on a number of documents, including the MSO, which you have to have in order to properly register your kit car. Every kit I've purchased (and they were all used) has had a serial number. FFR is very good about including the number on the documentation...though the MSO doesn't ship with the kit.

I've had a hand in building up a few FFRs, and I've seen a HUGE number of them either built or being built. The doors are easy to fit, and making the parts match up isn't a big deal at all. If you had as much trouble as you say you did, then perhaps you need to only purchase complete cars from companies like Ford, Chevy, Nissan or Toyota from now on. Then you won't have trouble with the doors.

The trunk I've got - an early one - is lined; it's got an aluminum panel fiberglassed in. The hood, well, you didn't address the most glaring and obvious problem with the old ones, so once again, I'll go with a "you don't have an FFR," and take your criticism with a monsterous grain of salt.

I absolutely believe that your recommendation to purchase a Team-C car is not at all a good one; if I can't believe you have an FFR, then I will not believe that your recommendation to purchase a TCR car is anything other than a misguided attempt at being a shill, and to cast dispersions on another company in the hopes of furthering that sales pitch.

I myself have had issues with FFR - and with David Smith, personally. But the issues you raise are absolutely not issues at all; they're imaginary. You obviously do not know what you're talking about when it comes to the FFR Roadster. You talk about the price of the FFR, and then say that you didn't purchase the kit from FFR? Options? You don't know what you're talking about.

As much as this may make me seem like I'm defending the FFR flag like one of the FFR brown shirts, I'm not; I'm neither defending FFR nor a brown shirt - they don't like me (I don't put up with their B.S. either). The FFR product is not perfect. But it's nothing like what you say it is, and I will not tolerate 'bait and switch' sales tactics from some TCR shill. That's not how this industry - MY industry - will operate.

If you can't provide an FFR number, then you don't have an FFR. Everything you say - or have said - about the FFR is suspect.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

Michael Everson

USA
93 Posts
Posted - February 02 2003 :  5:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have also built several FFRs and have not had the problems you had. I did my first one in three weeks. YES 3 WEEKS. the second one took considerably longer 2 months. I have built a couple of other brands of kit cars and can tell you no one compares to the FFR for price quality and service. And the support groups are second to none. PERIOD. I recently finished a K-1 Evoluzione. That kit was a total POS. It was barely workable. Try one of there old kits then tell me how you like the FFR.
FFR now has a steel surround for it hood, and the trunk as always is lined in aluminum. the doors are much improved and also have an inner liner. Hinges are much better as well. They have greatly improved there product over the years. thats what makes them a great company. Most cobra kits are still using ladder frames and pinto suspensions on the front.
Mike

www.mikescustomcobraparts.netGo to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 02 2003 :  7:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree.

The FFR isn't the be-all, end-all of Cobra replicas, but it's not nearly what's been reported here.

I'm into my FFR (tear-down of fire-damaged parts, suspension rework) about 18 hours. I'll probably be into it a good 40 hours by the time I get it done (finished and painted).

I've seen an FFR completed in a single day, and driven that car a number of times. You can't do that with any other 'kit' car that's built on a custom chassis.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 03 2003 :  08:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"...BTW Meat, where's your serial # and pics?..."

FFR1152K, formerly owned by John Phillips.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

charger

USA
47 Posts
Posted - February 03 2003 :  09:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow guys, take it easy! It's only a car and every great car company had to work through problems before they became great.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 03 2003 :  12:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
How can anyone argue with this?

How can anyone argue with this? It's easy. Almost too easy.

Let's begin, shall we...

quote:
...After doing a little searching, I finally found my serial #...FFR1150K . I don't have a MSO, because the car was previously titled, and it doesn't mention this serial # anywhere on the paperwork I received with the title...

First off, I still don't believe that you own an FFR. Also, the FFR# you provided is only two numbers away from mine, and only one number away from Bob Wheaton's. The trunk that I have is from a much earlier car than yours, as is the hood. The doors are from another older car, and the body is one of the early black bodies - like the kind that appeared in Curt Scott's article about the FFR. The trunk that came with the car was lined. The trunk I'm using is lined. ...and yet you say yours wasn't? That is an incorrect statement.

quote:
...I don't even know why I'm even feel compelled to have to defend myself here for MY OPINION, but I'll continue this for a little while longer...

Since you seem to want to capitalize it, let's chat a bit about your OPINION. As the saying goes, opinions are like another bodily orifice; everyone's got one. My thoughts on your OPINION are that if you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't be offering advice or making comparisons, which is exactly what you did. If your OPINION isn't based on the reality currently in operation in this dimension, then it just doesn't belong here.

Further, you started off posting on this thread by stating that you had "...just finished a Factory Five Cobra, and I'll honestly say, it'll be the last I ever build. Why? Well, after building many other types of kits, from several different manufacturers, I was anxiously anticipating building a FF Cobra. Most of these other kit brands that I'd built had bad reputations as being very difficult to build, and the FF had a reputation of being a very easy to build, well designed kit, that the finished product was better in every respect of nearly ever other type of kit out there. So, I bought one..."

And now you say "...I don't have a MSO, because the car was previously titled, and it doesn't mention this serial # anywhere on the paperwork I received with the title..."

That would seem to preclude that you purchased a kit and built it, wouldn't it? Seems to me that most DMVs will not title or register a pile of parts, choosing instead to register COMPLETE cars. Therefore, you couldn't have built an FFR kit, nor could you have purchased options for your kit, because you didn't buy a kit...or so you say.

...to be continued.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 03 2003 :  12:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Continued from previous:

It is abhorrent that you would recommend a kit you know nothing about, and attack another manufacturer about their product - which you also know nothing about. And then you would completely mislabel a correction from me as something that it's not. The only thing you've done is provide me with an excellent example of what is wrong with this industry. Why no one should ever just take the word of someone on the internet.

Purchasing a kit car - whether it's a rebody, a full custom kit, or even a turnkey car - is a HUGE investment of time and (often) money. I would never tell someone to look into ANY kit that I myself have never seen or purchased, or give ANY recommendation to purchase said kit. Why? Because every negative comment, every unbuilt kit, every marriage that ends in divorce because of that kit is another nail in the coffin of the kit car industry. It's another person going out and purchasing a Corvette or a Harley. It's just more negative feedback to an industry that has suffered more black eyes than necessary because people - like you, stephenbl - don't know what they're talking about when they open their mouth. I could care less whether you've built a single Gazelle or a million Gazelles: you don't know what you're talking about in relation to the FFR, and certainly the TCR. You have no business making a recommendation to purchase one over the other based on your experience with a Street Beast, EM, or any other product other than the FFR AND the TCR. You are entitled to your experienced OPINION - but since you have no experienced opinion with both of the Cobra replicas, please feel free to keep your mouth shut until such time as you do.

As far as a degree goes...well, I had a salesman come to my door a week ago selling oil paintings door to door. He's got two degrees from SDSU. Degrees don't mean you know what you're talking about, they mean that you know how to take a test or two. I don't have a degree, and I've built an FFR. Of course, I've been around the industry for almost 25 years, too. That doesn't mean I know anything about the TCR car.

quote:
...Factory Five advertises heavier than all the others...

That's not at all true. My mantra is, was, and will always be 'do the research.' You didn't.

quote:
...But, I don't expect your opinion to be unbiased, when you operate a business supplying aftermarket parts for FF cars, and would love another customer...

That is a personal attack, and doesn't belong here...especially coming from you, who has accused me of doing what you just did there. Your credibility to me is - at best - anorexic at this point.

...to be continued.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 03 2003 :  12:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Continued from previous:

quote:
...As I mentioned, no door, even the one's provided by the big automakers, fit out of the box, so it's hard to expect a small manufacturer to be able to pull this off....

What? I've seen a huge number of FFRs, and every single one of them has doors that fit. I've also owned a remarkable number of cars from automobile manufacturers, and their doors all fit as well...right off the lot. And FFR isn't an automobile manufacturer, they are a kit manufacturer...two different things, two different products.

quote:
...An aluminum sheet on the bottom of a decklid does not make your decklid rigid...

Wait a minute ... you said "...The biggest complain I had was with the hood and trunk lid...they're only skins, with no inner liner..." (which is a patently false statement, from what you just wrote above). It may be your OPINION, but it's wrong. Whether that's intentional or because you don't have an FFR is a moot point; you don't know what you're talking about, and I continue to not believe you.

As far as the hood goes, my hood - from an older kit, has the right curvature, is held on by a hood hinge kit (that came with a frame and gas shocks) and doesn't have any of the other issues yours did. And my kit was only two numbers away from your "1150" one.

quote:
...Wow! What a personal attack! And I was only expressing MY OPINION. I guess I've proven I actually have a FF Cobra...

Nope ... you have not proven a thing. I still don't believe you. And you're offering your opinion to someone based on a kit that you haven't seen? That is so wrong, in so many ways, it's laughable. No, it's beyond laughable by two lights and a left turn.

Personal attack? NOT HARDLY!

Misguided: based or acting on error. You haven't proved to me that you have an FFR, you clearly state that you haven't seen a TCR.
Attempt: To try to perform.
Shill: To lure, as through deception.

You probably don't own an FFR, you certainly have never seen a TCR, and you're attempting to get others (luring) to a brand you know nothing about. What part of that is a personal attack? What part of my statement "I will not believe that your recommendation to purchase a TCR car is anything other than a misguided attempt at being a shill, and to cast dispersions on another company in the hopes of furthering that sales pitch" is untrue? Nothing that I can see.

A personal attack is to base a comment on someone's appearance, race, creed culture, ***, ***ual orientation, business, writing or intellect (or lack thereof, in this case). And I can do a personal attack like nobody's business; I choose not to.

...to be continued.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 03 2003 :  12:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Continued from previous:

Mike Everson has built an FFR or two that I know about. His reputation is above reproach. While he may not approve of me, or my postings over at CF (I noticed that you didn't have a link to there or my site, Mike!), he has always treated me - and everyone I've encountered who has done business with him - with respect, and has provided excellent advice, service and products.

You want to attack someone else? Bring it on. But here are a few things you may wish to remember the next time:

Fishing Expeditions: Unless you are absolutely sure that the person doesn't have what they say they have, it's idiotic to use an argument like "BTW Meat, where's your serial # and pics? Because if the person can provide the requested data, then you don't look all that bright, and lose credibility.

Me So Smart: Pulling out degrees and experience isn't always the smartest thing to do. Lots of people have degrees. Lots of people have experience. Not all of the degree or all of the experience is applicable. If the 'smartness' isn't applicable to the argument, pulling it out and parading it doesn't do anything except impress the yokels. If the person you're arguing with isn't a yokel, you've made a pretty serious blunder.

Bait and Switch: Also known as the 'Wizard of Oz' play. This is usually employed when you're losing an argument. You attempt to deflect focus away from the main thrust of the argument by providing something completely off-topic. Like, for instance, a list of parts that come in a TCR kit. Once you do this, the opponent - if they're at all smart - know they've won. "Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain, I am the Great And Powerful Oz" really doesn't mean much when you're talking about something else.

I wish you better luck in the future.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 04 2003 :  07:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"...I’m not going to waste much more time on this topic..."

Well, it looks like you did. I gave you some simple guidelines for successfully arguing on the internet, and you failed to follow them. Once you turn the argument personal, you've lost. And, buddy, you lost [i]big time.[/b]

I'm sorry that you choose to argue from a position of weakness. I'm sorry that you don't know what you're talking about. I only hope that in the future you learn from your mistakes.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 04 2003 :  08:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and to those who read past all the above, it is my recommendation that you never EVER visit or believe any of the information that appears on a manufacturer-sponsored (and edited) web-based forum. You'll never get the 'whole picture.' An unbiased website, that presents all sides of the argument and product - warts and all - is the only way to go.

Plus, FFCobra 'lifted' a mailing list as well as most of their information from another - unbiased - Cobra website; www.CobraForum.com. I have never posted - nor will I ever post - on a rip-off site like that. For a complete - unbiased - review of the Cobra forums, go to my site, www.CobraTrader.com and look at the following page:

http://www.cobratrader.com/forums.html

And, if you want to know the real story behind Meat's Briquette, from start to the last time I worked on it (a month ago):

http://www.cobraforum.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2888;start=0
http://www.cobraforum.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=7883;start=0

Unlike others, I actually have an FFR, and did document it.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 04 2003 :  08:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and the Wizard of Oz gambit didn't work on me, I did notice that you provided no credidible evidence that you have an FFR, or have built one. Attack me all you want to...but I can see right through your smokescreen. So can others.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

hbcmills

42 Posts
Posted - February 04 2003 :  4:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been following this "debate" and Mr. Meat you are an asshole and an ignorant joke. I see that you are guilty of every crime that you accuse stephenbl of by using the tactics you mentioned i.e. misguided,
attempt,and shill.

I joined recently to learn about building my first Cobra. It will not be the first car I've built but the first kitcar I've built. I have built several steel bodied street rods, a couple Mustangs, and a couple Volkswagens. They were all good cars that brought good money when I tired of them.

Mr. Meat you have never proven that you have a FFCobra or have even seen one for that matter. The proof is tough for anyone to do through the wonders of the Internet. Stephenbl has invited the reader to browse the information contained within the links he's provided and make their OWN conclusions. You've done little but declare him an idiot and a liar repeatedly. Makes you look like quite an idiot in fact.

As a potential buyer and builder of my first kit car I have found stephenbl's information to be quite useful and helpful. If this is in fact the purpose of this Cobra discussion group then I suggest the owners of this group ban you from here as well because you do the owners' readers a great injustice.

Obviously stephenbl has taken the time to support his side of the debate with links and information while you tried your best to distract the readers with B.S. I think the links build a strong case that shows that folks on other Cobra lists find you obnoxious and full of **** too frankly.

I think the point of lists like these are to educate the newbies with honest, substantial information (based in valuable fact) and share good techniques with the experts. You - sir have not done this at all.

I think it is time for you to buy and build your first Cobra kit car you that you can begin building your background of experience. From reading your posts Mr. Meat I surmise that you just might be a 15 year old kid dreaming about their first car.

Furthermore if the burnt Cobra is really an example of your work then your build quality leaves ALOT to be desired (i.e. the cause of the fire). Would you like to tell us more about your fire?

HBCMILLS

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 04 2003 :  7:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
"...I joined recently..."

- HBCMILLS

No, you joined today, February 4, 2003. And you sound just like stephenbl. What a suprise. Couldn't be that you're one and the same, could it?

Please try harder next time.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  08:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
"...Is this the best comback you could come up with? Sounds like you're giving up..."

Giving up? On what? I'm still waiting for you to prove that you've EVER owned an FFR. Hell, at this point I don't even believe you've ever built a Gazelle or an Everette Morisson. Maybe you're a teenager with nothing better to do, maybe you're an old guy who wants to belong, maybe you're just lonely. It doesn't matter what your wierd personal reasoning is...but your attacks are obvious and over-used. The one, overwhelming point that you have obviously conceded - and now have nothing to argue - is that I do have an FFR.

That was your big argument. Your comeback to me when I asked for proof that you actually had an FFR was "oh yeah? Where's your FFR?"

And there it was, for everyone to see; burned fiberglass and all. I still don't see any proof that you've owned an FFR. What you wrote about the FFR was ... incorrect, to say the least. If you owned an FFR, you wouldn't have said what you said about the kit, because it was wrong.

The point of this whole exercise is to show others that they should not trust everything they read on the internet. The reason for this is that they can get VERY bad information from people like you who offer advice on things they do not know anything at all about.

People who get caught in a lie often attempt to deflect focus away from themselves and the lie. This is what I call the Wizard of Oz play, and it's what you're doing with every post you've made on this thread since I asked for your FFR number. And you get angrier and angrier at me.

My FFR and experience has been proven.

You have proven nothing at all, except my point (which, as a refresher to those joining late, is that not everyone on the internet provides good information).

Write about my FFR (it's called the Briquette) all you want. I've got one. But you've been completely discredited. I can live with all of my experience. I've got some. But you've been completely discredited. I can give advice on many diffent kit cars. I've owned and built some, been involved in the industry for just about 25 years, and worked on other peoples kits as well. You've been completely discredited.

You have been weighed and measured, and have been found lacking in all areas. Until such time as you can prove you've done anything, I would strongly recommend that you stop giving out piss-poor advice; nobody needs that. People are looking for good information on cars they are going to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on - not to mention hundreds of hours on - and you cannot provide that information. Your information is wrong, bad, and ...based on manufacturer advertising on ebay? What good is that? That information is completely useless!

Feel free to attack me all you want to...at least it keeps you from giving out faulty (and crappy) info on kits you know nothing about. I'm strong enough, smart enough, and knowledgeable enough to take the weak and pathetic hits you want to offer. I would recommend instead, however, that you take the time to prove what [i]you say you've done, rather than attack someone whose exploits are pretty gosh durned well documented. I don't need to defend my actions. You need to prove you've seen any. Action, that is.

Don't write angry, my little friend.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

hbcmills

42 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  11:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meat,

Here's what I see:

stephenbl has done something you haven't, all along: provided evidence and support for what he said. He provided links to information on all counts. He provided useful quotes from others regarding not only your forum practices, but your car as well.

What have you provided? Nothing. Your "well-documented" project car's links wouldn't even work, and I tried in different browsers. So, you've shown us nothing. I do believe you own the heap of junk you claim to, but that's all I believe.

Point is, stephenbl has tried to calmly and rationally make statements based on experience, and has backed them up with usable links and facts. If you'll reread the thread, he provided a post that was HIS TAKE on the FFR, and he is certainly entitled to his opinion of his experience. You immediately launched into personal attack mode and tried to discredit him and have him "prove" he in fact owns an FFR. He doesn't owe you a thing, least of all proof. Seems people who attack others or shift the focus away from themselves are just insecure or don't know what they're talking about, and that may be your problem. "Methinks you doth protest too much." If you had nothing to hide, and knew what you were talking about, you could have nicely stated that, "Wow, stephenbl, I'm surprised you've had such a hard time with FFR. My experience is just the opposite for [insert reasons here]. Just goes to show you how everyone's experiences are different."

But, nope. You chose the low road. Thus proving, as you've stated, you can't trust everything you read on the Internet. Give IKON and some of the other folks on the list a little credit for having enough brains to know that.

And after all these shenanigans, I'm pretty sure what they'll know is this: stephenbl, who provided information and links and backed up ALL his arguements with proof, is WAY more credible than you, who merely continue to claim that he is completely discredited and you don't believe. Who cares if you don't believe him? The rest of us do. Maybe you just haven't read all the information he posted. Or maybe you're just not mature enough to have a thoughtful DISCUSSION about the differences in experience. Or maybe you're just not capable of seeing reason. Whatever the case, we're all tired of it.

Meat, get a life. No one cares what you have to say at this point.

BTW, I did just join yesterday, but I've been watching the posts for awhile now. I don't know stephenbl, but you can bet I'll seek his advice in the future. And if you have any useful tips for my first build, regardless of the brand, I'd be happy to hear them. I take everything with a grain of salt, but value everyone's OPINION.

Go to Top of Page

hbcmills

42 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  11:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meat,

Here's what I see:

stephenbl has done something you haven't, all along: provided evidence and support for what he said. He provided links to information on all counts. He provided useful quotes from others regarding not only your forum practices, but your car as well.

What have you provided? Nothing. Your "well-documented" project car's links wouldn't even work, and I tried in different browsers. So, you've shown us nothing. I do believe you own the heap of junk you claim to, but that's all I believe.

Point is, stephenbl has tried to calmly and rationally make statements based on experience, and has backed them up with usable links and facts. If you'll reread the thread, he provided a post that was HIS TAKE on the FFR, and he is certainly entitled to his opinion of his experience. You immediately launched into personal attack mode and tried to discredit him and have him "prove" he in fact owns an FFR. He doesn't owe you a thing, least of all proof. Seems people who attack others or shift the focus away from themselves are just insecure or don't know what they're talking about, and that may be your problem. "Methinks you doth protest too much." If you had nothing to hide, and knew what you were talking about, you could have nicely stated that, "Wow, stephenbl, I'm surprised you've had such a hard time with FFR. My experience is just the opposite for [insert reasons here]. Just goes to show you how everyone's experiences are different."

But, nope. You chose the low road. Thus proving, as you've stated, you can't trust everything you read on the Internet. Give IKON and some of the other folks on the list a little credit for having enough brains to know that.

And after all these shenanigans, I'm pretty sure what they'll know is this: stephenbl, who provided information and links and backed up ALL his arguements with proof, is WAY more credible than you, who merely continue to claim that he is completely discredited and you don't believe. Who cares if you don't believe him? The rest of us do. Maybe you just haven't read all the information he posted. Or maybe you're just not mature enough to have a thoughtful DISCUSSION about the differences in experience. Or maybe you're just not capable of seeing reason. Whatever the case, we're all tired of it.

BTW, I did just join yesterday, but I've been watching the posts for awhile now. I don't know stephenbl, but you can bet I'll seek his advice in the future. And if you have any useful tips for my first build, regardless of the brand, I'd be happy to hear them. I take everything with a grain of salt, but value everyone's OPINION.

Go to Top of Page

hbcmills

42 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  11:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meat,

Here's what I see:

Go to Top of Page

hbcmills

42 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  12:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to all about the multiple posts. Browser had a cow and kept trying to refresh, which apparently posted the info. 2 more times.

Sorry about that!

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  12:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"...Meat,

Here's what I see..."

Before you even start, let me tell you that I don't care what you have to say, nor do I believe that this post is anything other than stephenbl logging on with a different name.

Anyone with a lick of sense has long since abandoned this thread, nor would they get involved in something like this. Why? Because you have no point, stephen. No matter how many different names you log on with in an infantile attempt to fortify your position with imaginary playmates, no one with any amount of credibility is rushing to your defense. And I don't expect them to, either, if they've read what you've written.

Don't write angry.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

hbcmills

42 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  12:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meat, who's writing angry? Sounds like you!

And, sad as it may be for you, I'm no more stephenbl than you are a man of intelligence, sense or wit.

Once again, get a life.

Oh, yeah--and don't write angry!
Your "pal"
hbcmills

Go to Top of Page

hlcole

67 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  4:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I did get weary of reading the posts but I did get a few laughs first. Anyone who regularly reads this message board knows that Meat is the resident expert here. This is especially true with Cobras. For someone to take him on that way, shows they obviously hadn't read the past posts.

Personally, I think Meat was easy on that idiot. I have met those types before and it sickens me because there are so many things (and people) trying to drag the kit car industry down. They speak out of their a$$ without any real knowledge of what they speak.

As far as degrees are concerned, I am a software engineer for a major telecom. I have no degree but have far surpassed my degreed peers. The degree is a great tool to get your foot in the door. But you knowledge, common sense, sheer ability, etc. is what keeps you there and allows you to excel. By the way, Bill Gates founded Microsoft after dropping out of college. I wonder if anyone cares about his degree?

Go to Top of Page

gavinr2003

74 Posts
Posted - February 05 2003 :  6:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree entirely with hlcole. Meat has helped out alot of people on this forum and it's obvious to anyone who has taken the time to look through the postings that he knows what he's talking about.

As for degrees. In this business they are of little or no use whatsoever. It's purely down to mechanical aptitude and the right frame of mind. I have no degree but have designed and built my own car from scratch.

All the best Meat.

GavinR

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 06 2003 :  07:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate that!

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 06 2003 :  7:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
"...Amazing!

There's a company selling both hoods and trunk lids that have inner liners for the Factory Five Cobras!..."

Once again, here is an excellent example of why you shouldn't listen to people who don't know what they're talking about.

Numbnuts here is once again blowing smoke, and attempting to "show" you all that he knows what he's talking about. Unfortunately, he didn't do the research...again. There are other threads here that he seems to have decided to post on offering up advice. I really, really, REALLY[/u/ think anyone seeing a post of his anywhere on this site should look at this latest attack attempt, and then summarily dismiss what he says.

The referring page (that was conveniently not included in the latest attack post, BTW) from Tri-State Motorsports is this one:

www.tristatemotorsports.com/catalog%20body%20parts.html" target="_blank">http://www.tristatemotorsports.com/catalog%20body%20parts.html

As you can see, there's actually a whole body for sale. Let me give you some background...

Mike Mack - a terrific business guy who sells the Backdraft Cobra, the CATVEE, has the Hi-Tech Cobra stuff, and sells a ton of replica parts - has been selling FFRs for quite awhile through his company Tri-State Motorsports.

FFR has recently introduced the MkII roadster, which has a backbone addition to the chassis. This backbone was originally available from Tri-State to help stiffen the FFR chassis. FFR adapted this to their chassis, and called called the resulting chassi the MkII. Mike Mack developed it first.

FFR also used to sell their kit in a 'two stage' package. One package was everything you needed to get a rolling chassis, one was everything you needed for the body. About this time, Mike Mack released his body for sale. What ended up happening was people were purchasing the stage one part of the FFR kit, and then purchasing Mike Mack's body, which is superior to the offering from FFR, rather than picking up the 'stage two' part of the FFR kit.

FFR discontinued the 'two stage' offering after figuring this out.

The body parts (trunk and hood) that Numbnuts would have you believe is from FFR are parts from Mike Mack - not FFR hoods and trunks with supposedly missing liners, as he would have you believe. This post was a lie, was meant to defame me, and was presented to all of you in such a way as to obscure the truth. You should never [u]EVER take the word of someone who would do something like this person did. They are absolutely not trustworthy, and are only posting to increase their ego. That is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Getting back to the bodies. The Mike Mack body is a great unit, and it differs significantly from the FFR in a few areas. The most obvious being from the rear.

Here's the Mike Mack body (rear):
www.tristatemotorsports.com/images/bodyparts/nb%20deck%20lid%202.jpg" border=0>

Here's the FFR body (rear):

Notice the tail lights and the curve of the rear. The same? I count two square tail lights on the Mike Mack body, and four on the FFR.

But, that's not all. I mentioned something earlier that was never answered by the person who (as should be painfully obvious to everyone by now) doesn't know what he's talking about and is intentionally attempting to mislead all of you. He guessed, but he was completely wrong. Here's an Everett Morrison:

Look at the body of the EM. Now go look at the FFR body. EM. FFR. EM...FFR. Notice any similarity between the two? Differences (hint: the shape of the 289-style trunk on the FFR)?

Wonder why they look similar? That's another story altogether...

Anyways, I hope that I have helped all of you out, and pointed out why you shouldn't take any of the information posted by stephenbl as anything other than a fanciful tale from the (lacking) imagination of someone who really doesn't know what they're talking about. Beware posts from this person.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 06 2003 :  7:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
"...Amazing!

There's a company selling both hoods and trunk lids that have inner liners for the Factory Five Cobras!..."

Once again, here is an excellent example of why you shouldn't listen to people who don't know what they're talking about.

Numbnuts here is once again blowing smoke, and attempting to "show" you all that he knows what he's talking about. Unfortunately, he didn't do the research...again. There are other threads here that he seems to have decided to post on offering up advice. I really, really, REALLY think anyone seeing a post of his anywhere on this site should look at this latest attack attempt, and then summarily dismiss what he says.

The referring page (that was conveniently not included in the latest attack post, BTW) from Tri-State Motorsports is this one:

www.tristatemotorsports.com/catalog%20body%20parts.html" target="_blank">http://www.tristatemotorsports.com/catalog%20body%20parts.html

As you can see, there's actually a whole body for sale. Let me give you some background...

Mike Mack - a terrific business guy who sells the Backdraft Cobra, the CATVEE, has the Hi-Tech Cobra stuff, and sells a ton of replica parts - has been selling FFRs for quite awhile through his company Tri-State Motorsports.

FFR has recently introduced the MkII roadster, which has a backbone addition to the chassis. This backbone was originally available from Tri-State to help stiffen the FFR chassis. FFR adapted this to their chassis, and called called the resulting chassi the MkII. Mike Mack developed it first.

FFR also used to sell their kit in a 'two stage' package. One package was everything you needed to get a rolling chassis, one was everything you needed for the body. About this time, Mike Mack released his body for sale. What ended up happening was people were purchasing the stage one part of the FFR kit, and then purchasing Mike Mack's body, which is superior to the offering from FFR, rather than picking up the 'stage two' part of the FFR kit.

FFR discontinued the 'two stage' offering after figuring this out.

The body parts (trunk and hood) that Numbnuts would have you believe is from FFR are parts from Mike Mack - not FFR hoods and trunks with supposedly missing liners, as he would have you believe. This post was a lie, was meant to defame me, and was presented to all of you in such a way as to obscure the truth. You should never EVER take the word of someone who would do something like this person did. They are absolutely not trustworthy, and are only posting to increase their ego. That is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Getting back to the bodies. The Mike Mack body is a great unit, and it differs significantly from the FFR in a few areas. The most obvious being from the rear.

Here's the Mike Mack body (rear):
www.tristatemotorsports.com/images/bodyparts/nb%20deck%20lid%202.jpg" border=0>

Here's the FFR body (rear):

Notice the tail lights and the curve of the rear. The same? I count two square tail lights on the Mike Mack body, and four on the FFR.

But, that's not all. I mentioned something earlier that was never answered by the person who (as should be painfully obvious to everyone by now) doesn't know what he's talking about and is intentionally attempting to mislead all of you. He guessed, but he was completely wrong. Here's an Everett Morrison:

Look at the body of the EM. Now go look at the FFR body. EM. FFR. EM...FFR. Notice any similarity between the two? Differences (hint: the shape of the 289-style trunk on the FFR)?

Wonder why they look similar? That's another story altogether...

Anyways, I hope that I have helped all of you out, and pointed out why you shouldn't take any of the information posted by stephenbl as anything other than a fanciful tale from the (lacking) imagination of someone who really doesn't know what they're talking about. Beware posts from this person.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000