"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 78 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (161 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (212 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (192 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (495 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (326 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Messages
 Ad's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
BondoBob

USA
45 Posts
Posted - February 19 2003 :  7:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do we really need all these stinking adds every time we click on onether spot?I dont know about you guys,but my computer is not so fast.Every time I just want to look at another thread,it freakin foreaver for it to load.I saw all the freakin commeracales at the start,I dont need to see them every time I go back and forth.

hlcole

67 Posts
Posted - February 19 2003 :  9:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you think they pay for the site? If you want good content in a website, you will often times have to deal with some commercials. I know what you mean about slow computers though, my home system could be faster for my taste.

Go to Top of Page

Admin

USA
206 Posts
Posted - February 20 2003 :  08:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hlcole is correct, there would be no site without the sponsors. The KitCars.com website is not hosted by an outside company. Hosting companies put anywhere up to thousands of websites on each of their servers, KitCars.com has it's own Dell server.

We were hosted by Interland and shut down three times due to the amount of website traffic, and we were using their most expensive shared hosting account on the most recent incident.

KitCars.com continued to get even more traffic and we feared they would force us to move to one of their very expensive dedicated accounts so we financed the Dell and have no more worries of being shut down plus we have total control over the server and can install anything needed.

We only accept kit car related sponsors so you won't see credit card ads, video cam ads, etc... and you also won't see pop-overs, pop-unders, or anything else annoying like that.

We are very grateful to past and present sponsors and will only accept sponsors with a good background. All our sponsors are top notch and the best in the business and we are very proud to be associated with them.

We'd be very interested in hearing about other suggestions for revenue. It is possible that we could provide the exact same KitCars.com content, minus banner ads, for those people wishing a faster load time in exchange for a yearly subscription.

There would basically be two websites:
1) a free site supported by sponsors as it is now
2) a faster no banner site supported by yearly subscriptions

Both sites using the exact same content, one with banners supported by sponsors, one without banners supported by users.

Look forward to everyone's opinions, and thanks for using the forums.

KitCars.com
MitchGo to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - February 20 2003 :  09:19:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
"...We are very grateful to past and present sponsors and will only accept sponsors with a good background. All our sponsors are top notch and the best in the business and we are very proud to be associated with them..."

Well, I can understand the sponsors - don't have a problem with the ads at all (on a dial-up the gifs do take some time to load every page) - but I do have to object to some of the people who post here and don't (after repeated allowances) identify themselves as being affiliated with a company.

For instance, there was an obnoxious little poster fella here (stephenbl) who seems to have ticked off just about everyone. I think that he should have disclosed to everyone that his parents own Specialty Autoworks, Inc. so that everyone could see the type of people that they would be dealing with had they opted to have a car assembled by this company.

I myself am getting set up to sell a kit. I'm open about that, and I would hope that people would decide to purchase or not purchase the kit based on (1) the quality of the kit, and (2) the quality of the people who are behind the kit. I know that I stand behind every word I ever post, and every company or person here should do the same thing. I expect nothing less. If I do it, then everyone else should do it as well.

The decision to purchase a kit car is often more emotional than logical. In some instances, that can turn and bite you on the ass. Everyone should be able to make a decision based on ALL of the information available. I can't imagine Specialty Autoworks, Inc. getting any more business if people see how their representative on the forum acts.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000